Secrets to Beautiful Winter Lips
from PlanetRx.com, your online pharmacy & more
Your lips are one of the focal points of your face, so make sure they look great all day long. In wintertime, it's especially important to keep your lips soft and hydrated. Here are some tips and recommendations from the PlanetRx.com beauty experts.
If your lips are extra chapped during the winter season and your lipstick is looking caked-on, try these two easy steps to get rid of dead skin on your lips:
1. Take a soft toothbrush (with no toothpaste on it) and run it under warm water. Then gently brush your lips to exfoliate the dead skin. One of our favorites for this trick is
Aquafresh Flexible Kids' Toothbrush, because it comes in a fun color and is designed for tender gums, so it's gentle on your lips.
2. Next, apply lip balm and let it penetrate for a minute. Make sure to use a lip balm that includes sunscreen, to protect those freshly smooth lips from the sun (make sure to keep using it all through the day!). ChapStick Lip Moisturizer has an SPF of 15 and will take care of hydrating your lips.
Now that your lips are smooth and moist, it's time for some luscious lip color! Some of our favorites that look great on everyone and keep lips hydrated are:
- Maybelline Moisture Whip Lipstick, Sugared Bronze
It's made with 40% moisturizers and vitamin E plus pro-vitamin A to lock in moisture beneath the lip surface. And the full, rich color wears for hours. Sugared Bronze is one of the best lipcolors we've seen!
- Revlon MoistureStay Protective Liptint, SPF 25, Sheer Petal
An amazingly sheer tint that gives your lips a little color while protecting them from the sun's harmful rays.
- Revlon MoistureStay Lipcolor, Raisin
This lipstick provides moisture that lasts -- even after you take the color off. The cooling, vitamin-enhanced moisturizers soothe and protect.
- And for those of you who don't want any color on your lips but want to feel that soothing emollience and protect your lips from the sun's damaging rays, try Almay Stay Smooth Anti-Chap Lipcolor, SPF 25, Clear.
And don't forget about those lips at night! After brushing your teeth, be sure to apply your favorite lip balm again. Skin repairs itself at night, so while you sleep, your lips are recovering from the day's activities. After all, eating, talking, and, of course kissing, is a big job!
Join the PlanetRx.com Beauty Club and get more expert advice and tips from our in-house beauty experts. Plus, when you join, you'll get a free beauty and spa gift with any purchase (while supplies last)!
This article is the copyright of PlanetRx.com and is reprinted with their permission. PlanetRx.com is a registered trademark of PlanetRx.com, Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Information provided by PlanetRx.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Only your healthcare provider should diagnose your healthcare problems and prescribe treatment.